Anyone who’s anyone has heard of the famous, and quite frankly…gorgeous Shaun T. He’s a personal trainer, professional dancer and creator of the amazing Beachbody programmes; Hip hop abs, Insanity and T25. I’m not here to sell him to you, or to push his products. This is just my reflection on the programmes I’ve completed (and I’ve completed them all.)
First things first, If you don’t know what Insanity is then you can browse the INSANITY- What is it? An over view of his programme or any of my articles since then.
My love for Insanity Six weeks transformation results, Six months on from insanity.
The hardest workout put on DVD
Good, now we have the formalities out of the way I want to get into the nitty gritty of it. You may have gathered that, yes, I love the programme. Like I explaned in INSANITY- What is it, the programme is a really intense endurance workout. It pushes you to work hard, performing hard moves for prolonged periods of times.
Most of the workouts are heavy in cardio so breath control is a big thing for this, don’t worry though every move flies by so taking a few seconds to catch your breath doesn’t mean your out of sync. Just move onto the next movement, you’ll get into the routine fast enough.
More than a workout, it’s a mindset
It really is the hardest workout put on dvd. My first attempt at it and I was only doing it once or twice a week because it took that long for my muscles to recover. I was a beginner and I definitely struggled but I stuck with it and It gave me the push to commit to something “If I can complete this, I really can do anything” It took six months before I got into the routine and the mindset to really want to achieve positive results. Cleaning up my eating, working hard and putting in real effort paid off. I’ve never gone past the 9st.5 mark since buying the discs and that’s all down to Shaun T changing my mind set.
There are so many people that don’t just ‘do’ insanity, they stick with it. It becomes part of a group, people you meet who’ve completed it to seem to congratulate you, ask you how many sessions you do. It’s almost a community of people, they’re all inspired to achieve and it’s so amazing to see people’s results.
The workouts only spring into my routine maybe once a month or less but it gives me a reboot, it shows me that I still have the power in me to complete it. When I don’t complete it? It reminds me how committed I was the first time I tried to complete one, how far have I come to be here. It’s inspiring! Even now!
It’s all grown up now but it’s still just as good!
INSANITY has been around since 2009 and there have been a 1000+ articles promoting it, reviewing it and displaying their personal results from the programme. Whilst It’s been around for that long, the principle of it is still the same. Even now, a good workout consists of everything that Shaun T has put together.
- HIIT workouts are a key feature in Insanity. Seven years down the line and are still a great source of quick calorie burning that lasts all day.
- There are 14 disks meaning you pretty much will never get bored. I’m 2 years in and I still love it.
- 45 minutes you can burn off enough calories for half of your days meal, meaning quick results!
- The community of insanity and the achievement of finishing it.
- Total body sculpting, including a full disk that focuses on abs!
- It’s a bit pricey! Even 7 years down the line, the price is still £100. It’s never dropped, which shows how good it is and yes, £100 is amazing for what you’re getting but it’s still a lot of money.
- The workouts really are intense, meaning you’ll either be demotivated if you can’t finish or you’ll be very sore for a few days after and unable to complete the next day’s dvd.
- 45 minutes of workout is now said to be too much. Short and effective is the new thing in fitness, get your heart rate up for 25 minutes and your body will blast the fat.
Like I said, I’m two years down the line and It’s still new and exciting for me. I integrate other workouts into my routine and sometimes just make up my own sets but it’s still a big feature in my monthly routine. I originally lost around 8lbs and really toned up all over, not to mention it really changed who I am as a person. Creating a whole new meaning to “A new you”.
I hope that I sort of summarised (and didn’t drone on) about how amazing the programme is and I hope you find something that does the same for you! Enjoy your weekend!