It’s the end of my first week of Paleo, hey maybe one day I’ll look back at this and still be doing paleo? I hope so.
Sweet Squash Pancakes
- 1/2 cup of Butternut Squash (around 1/4th of a squash)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Banana
- 4 TBS of almond/hazel/walnuts or gluten free flour
- Optional: Cinamon/spices of your choice
If you’re not Gluten-Free you could always add a half cup of flour and a tablespoon of milk to this lovely mix to create a fluffier more filling pancake.
Add in your butternut squash, banana and flour, pulse in a blender until smooth. Add your egg and honey to the blender, Beat them together until a thick batter has formed. Fairly Simple.
To cook them; Heat your pan to medium-low and put a few tablespoons of batter into the frying pan. Spread out thinly with a plastic utensil until the pancake has firmed up. They take around 1 minute on each side as they’re thicker then floured pancakes. It should look cooked, flip over! Even simpler.
Makes: 7-9 Pancakes.
Top with fruit; Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries, Bananas and accompany with a natural cream, how about a thick home-made greek yoghurt?
Sweeten them up; with brown sugar or honey, spices or flavourings and natural fruit compotes and enjoy the beautifully naturally sweet pancakes. I put some ‘mock’ coco powder into the mix so mine were dark and gorgeous and I topped them with blueberries!
- 1/2 cup of Butter.Squash | Serves 2
- Two Eggs | Low Fat ~ Low GI ~ Low Sugar ~ Paleo
- 1 Banana | Per 3 pancakes: 190 calories
- 1 TBS of almond/hazel/walnuts |
- Cinamon/spices of your choice (optional) | Great with Yoghurt ~ Fruit ~ Honey
If you’re looking for something a bit more, traditional you could opt for a Paleo pancake that is fluffier and thicker! These bad boys are a more classic Banana & Egg mixture and are a staple in a Paleo & Gluten-free diet (or atleast they should be!).