They’re made mostly from sugar and water but are bursting with a lot of good things, but a few side effects are creeping out from the woodwork too… I’ve put together a selection of the pros and cons below, you can see the pros out way the cons but each should be considered equally to find the right balance for you. Consumption of the drink should be how much you can balance in your diet. *my recommendations below.
I’ve put together a selection of the pros and cons below, you can see the pros out way the cons but each should be considered equally to find the right balance for you. Consumption of the drink should be how much you can balance in your diet. *my recommendations below.
- Preventing Illness: includes vitamins and essential bacteria fighting ingredients.
- Aids In Glowing Skin
- Aids In Digestion
- Contains Essential Amino Acids
- Helps Cure Acne
- Reduces Pain
- Repairs Skin During Frostbite
- Anti-Cancer Activity
- Hair Growth
- Reduces Blood Sugar*
- Aloe vera contains a laxative which can cause diarrhoea if taken in large amounts.
- The juice may cause adverse reactions when consumed along with few medicines. Laxative in aloe vera may even inhibit the absorption of some drugs in the body.
- “Consumption of aloe vera juice can lead the body to produce excessive amounts of adrenaline, which can be harmful for people suffering from heart conditions. It can also lower potassium levels in the body, causing irregular heartbeats, weakness and soft muscles. Hence, it is not recommended for children and elderly people. Style craze
Drinks on the market:
Here are a selection of the top original aloe vera juices ( no strong flavours or preservatives) on the market, price order and full nutritional details are available:
Grace Aloe Vera Drink – 3 for £2.50
Available in: Tesco, Asda and Pound shops too!
My aloe vera hero of the day is
** Update: September 2015.
After two weeks of writing and uploading this video I stopped drinking aloe vera, it’s too uncontrollable. This page has become a very popular page on my website so I want to make sure everyone knows that yes, there are health benefits to this drink, however.The health benefits are it ‘can’ cleanse your system out, but so can a good balanced diet. I’m really not an advocator of this drink and would prefer for people to really do their research before ingesting aloe on a regular basis.
I wrote earlier that the drink can reduce your blood sugar, however aloe is such a strong and bitter taste that the drinks are pumped with 6teaspoons of sugar (that’s almost as much as a small coke) .
Here are a group of other sites of interest for information on aloe vera: http://www.nourishingtreasures.com/index.php/2012/02/06/28-things-betcha-didnt-know-about-aloe-vera/